User locked error message???

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Hlitts

User locked error message???

Post by Hlitts »

I have gotten the same error message twice now while viewing my camera on the mobile app. It suddenly says "user locked" and won't show live view. Can anyone help???
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: User locked error message???

Post by Melvin »

Hello Hlitts ,

Open the app and go to device manager, click the device name and delete the camera. If you have any other phone/tablet connected to the camera, delete the camera from them as well. Now hard reset the camera by pressing down the led button on the back of the camera for 10-15 seconds. You need to set up the camera from the beginning after this. I am suggesting this because some device may have a wrong password for the camera which is creating this issue. Normally power recycling the camera should fix this issue.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

RiddieRoo

Post by RiddieRoo »

No need to do a hard reset when I experienced the problem. Just delete the camera in Device Manager then unplug the camera and wait a few seconds, plug in, wait till it connects and re-add the camera, making sure you have all the details right. I get this error if I have an input error for the wifi password and such.
LarryAB1950

Post by LarryAB1950 »

I think it is not good