Poor AD410 Picture

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Hagbeard

Poor AD410 Picture

Post by Hagbeard »

Initially I was very happy with the AD410 picture, but after about 14 months of operation the picture has gotten worse and worse. I've cleaned the lens and that hasn't improved things. Any suggestions besides replacing the unit? I'm unable to add attachments to provide an example.
Hagbeard

Re: Poor AD410 Picture

Post by Hagbeard »

Pogo

Post by Pogo »

If the 'before' picture is facing west into a desert sun, you're probably frying the sensor.
Hagbeard

Post by Hagbeard »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:06 pm Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

You may want to remove the Doorbell and using a 18ga wire nail or the little key it came with and reset the camera back to factory.
I'll give that a shot.
Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:35 pm Hate to say it, There is nothing wrong with the camera. I think it is an issue caused by Home Assistant. or Some other 3rd party software.
Can you elaborate? How would 3rd party software cause a gradual degradation in quality? The camera is connected to a Synology NAS running Surveillance Station.
Pogo wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:49 pm If the 'before' picture is facing west into a desert sun, you're probably frying the sensor.
This seems like the most plausible explanation. The camera is facing west in Los Angeles and the summer sun is brutal. Unfortunately there isn't an installation option that would help the situation. The warranty is out so I'm stuck buying a new one unless the factory reset fixes it, which is probably a long shot.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So this has been cleared up, Post have been restored. However because mine I deleted Permanently so I can't restore my messages. However the others have been restored because I don't normally delete other users post permanently just in case it needs to be restored like today.
Be Safe.
Hagbeard

Post by Hagbeard »

Thanks Revo2Maxx. I'll try the reset this weekend and look at a sun shield to reduce the amount of direct sunlight shining into it. RMA was approved but it's out of warranty so no RMA for me.

Edit: Also, every post gets a HTTP 500 error, which is how I ended up posting multiple times without realizing it.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

That 500 ERROR has been present since before I joined back in February. It is inexcusable for any forum under any circumstances to have alowed it to persist for this long.

Having a legitimate new forum member's thread (with over 40 views) deleted as a direct result of the forum's own negligence is absolutely absurd.This and several other major issues have been escalated to Amcrest media management administratotors for their hopeful attention to the lack of any type of forum maintanence -- except the 'webmaster testing' with multiple duplicate posts in direct violation of the same forum rule that got THIS thread and yourself deleted in the first place. Ahem...

I have received an encouraging response from Amcrerst support, basically because I actually reveived one at all. It seemed to convey a general acknowledgement and understanding of the forum's current state. Unfortunately, it was also accompanied by several disclaimers and excuses -- which is never a good indicator of pending remedial action involving any degree of urgency.

And try as he may to be all things to all members in all posts, poor Revo needs some serious help around here -- starting with an experienced site admin and a designated moderator to mitigate and investigate the various issues requiring such experience.

OK. Enough 'o that.

Nowthen.., Good to have you back! I wanna see how your doorbell problem turns out!