Login Timed Out

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rpg51

Login Timed Out

Post by rpg51 »

I am using an Amcrest ProHP 1080 P camera. I use the iphone app to check the live feed periodically during the day from remote locations. When I start the app and attempt to display the live feed I frequently get an error message something like "login timed out". Sometimes I have to give the app the command to start the live feed repeatedly before it will load the live feed. So far it always starts eventually. But is there something I can do to avoid this error and go to the live feed first time?
Last edited by rpg51 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green338

Re: Login Timed Ourt

Post by green338 »

I am getting the same experiences...;(
Stanley
Site Admin

Re: Login Timed Out

Post by Stanley »

Hello,

After opening the app, you will need to click on the video icon on the top right and then click on the camera name for it to connect. Sometimes there might be a delay depending on the internet connection speed of your phone. The internet upload speed at the location where the camera is placed also matters.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

rpg51

Post by rpg51 »

The problem is that I have to do that 4-8 times before it will connect. ???
green338

Post by green338 »

rpg51 wrote:The problem is that I have to do that 4-8 times before it will connect. ???
Same here. I know it's not my internet connection, i'm currently getting over 174mbps
rpg51

Post by rpg51 »

I have discovered that if I remove the app from my iphone memory - meaning shut it down entirely - and then restart the app - the cameras come right up. If I leave the app running in background the feed will time out and then it is difficult to restart without shutting it down completely and restarting. But, on the plus side, it always does start up in the end. Buggy.
Ericamead

Post by Ericamead »

I have the same issue except I can't connect remotely at all... The only time I can see my live feed is when I'm connected to my wifi at home, totally not the point of remote access if I can only see it at home. Can't get ahold of anyone at this company either. Does anyone have any tips? I'm gonna return the whole system if I can't figure this out the whole point was to see them when I'm not home.
amcrestthrowaway

Post by amcrestthrowaway »

I am having the exact same issue as Ericamead above me has posted: the iOS apps AmcrestPro and Lite versions both work fine as long as I am connected to my home network. Accessing the camera from the app remotely on a cellphone network however, I get "Login timed out" no matter how many times I attempt to log in. I have tried this on multiple cellphone networks and other networks with the same error. Why am I only able to access the camera on its connected network? Is there a port issue perhaps? Any help would be appreciated.
jeffee

Post by jeffee »

amcrestthrowaway read the post ( p2p failed to connect ) maybe this will help you out.went thru this for about 3 weeks until today and so far after having tech support do port forwarding on my router and using quickddns it works great.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I was having timeout issues with my 2 IP2M-841 cameras over WiFi where it would take multiple tries to get the cameras to respond.

Anyway, I found a solution that works for me. In my routers WiFi configuration settings panel there are two parameters called "Short retry Interval" and "Long retry Interval." The default was set to 16 ms for each. These parameters determine how long the router waits for a reply. I increased both to 28 ms. Both cameras are now very responsive.

I use Blue Iris to view the video feeds. Image load times went from minutes (or never) to less than a second after Blue Iris startup.

Incidentally, I have a wireless thermostat that was having connection issues as well. It to is now working well.

Hope this helps.