Connection failed‏

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
killermouse

Connection failed‏

Post by killermouse »

I bought one camera Amcrest IP2M-841B. Then I connect the camera by cable with the router. Using the IP Config application I found the camera and then I got access to the configurations and everything is ok.

Then I format sd card and the camera makes a restart. After this i lost the connection to the camera.
Try many times to connect to the camera but no luck.

Then i made a hard reset, I waited more than 10 secs..
With the IP Config application, I detected the camera with a new IP. try access to camera but have the message "Connection failed"
Press the "e", and I can not acces to the configuration page.

I try with the smartphone application but when i start Live View, I receive the message "Failed to connect"!

The camera seems to be in a reboot loop. It blink the led and then rotate to right and down.

I have tryed disconnect the camera power.
I rebot router.
I rebot computer.
I contacted Amcrest support, but still waiting...

I don't know what to do more!!

Anyone can help me?

Best regards
Attachments
Configuration page
Configuration page
amcrest2.PNG (31.73 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
Connection failed
Connection failed
amcrest1.PNG (31.75 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
mcinturf

Re: Connection failed‏

Post by mcinturf »

yeah good luck man. my camera access gets failed to connect every single day. the ONLY way to re-establish any connection is by unplugging the camera and letting it go through start up cycle. THen, for a few hours at least, i can access from the amcrest view app on phone and web view. but ultimately the wifi goes to sleep or something after a few hours and i have to unplug camera again. btw...i have NEVER been able to access camera config via its IP address. It says i need a plug in but wont install it. worthless. let me know if you find a way to get stable connection. i'll do the same.
killermouse

Post by killermouse »

I have tried many things to connect, but without success...
I am waiting for Amcrest support... but seems that they take much time to respond!!

I am thinking on return the camera. And i don't know if i will buy another from Amcrest or from other brand.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello killermouse ,

Please try using the phone app to set up the camera using wifi configuration. After setting up successfully, check if you can access the camera on wifi.You can also call our support team. We work from 8AM to 7.30PM CST. We are also available on weekdays from 4pm CST for UK customers.

+44-203-769-2757
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

killermouse

Post by killermouse »

I already tried the connection from phone app to set up the camera using wifi configuration, and using ethernet configuration. And other options.. I receive the message "Failed to connect"!
When I turn on the camera, it seems to be in loop reboot, the camera direction turn right and down!! In my router, the ip of camera appear, then after some time disappear, and so on..

Best regards
killermouse

Post by killermouse »

Support did not responded to my email. So I make a call to support.
After some questions, he enter in my computer by TeamViewer and made some tests. I made reset (again) but the light was always red!
The light always red, means problems. So he say for return the camera. :?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello killermouse,

If you are getting rel led always it might be an issue with the device so you can go ahead and get it replaced.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us