Camera wont boot/power cylcing IP8M-T2499EW-28mm

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
matt1309

Camera wont boot/power cylcing IP8M-T2499EW-28mm

Post by matt1309 »

I've had the IP8M-T2499EW-28mm for 2 years running flawlessly.

Suddenly one day it just stopped working. I assumed maybe some sort of power cut/caused the issue but I'm guessing there. (None of my other cameras seemed effected and the POE switch is powered by UPS).

I've taken the back of the unit to try and reset the unit. I've managed to find the reset button on the under side of the board.

I can see the light reflecting form underside of the board however it goes off after about 30seconds. I could even hear IR turning on if camera was face down.
I'm pretty sure the reset has worked/not the solution though. If i scan the network just as I plug in the camera it appears under IP 192.168.1.108. (I know it's not conflicting with any other devices and all my devices live on subnet 192.168.3.x) so my guess is IP is also not the cause.

Other than seeing the reflection of the green light turning on and off I dont have much other info to go off of.

Any advice?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Camera wont boot/power cylcing IP8M-T2499EW-28mm

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum
I don't know what all you have going on however I will guess that you don't have a NVR or if you did that it might be from Hikvision or some other brand outside of Amcrest or Dahua. So with that said my guess would be 1 of two things is going on. Either camera is dead, at least dead enough that it would require some Board Level Repairs done (Worse Case) or 2 the camera was setup with Static from Factory and you need a software that might be able to access that camera and make a change to DHCP. So I would find if you don't already have it DL and installed Amcrest Config Tools. Install this, do a search for the camera and once it finds it (If it finds it) turn on DHCP and admin admin is what is needing after a reset to factory.

Next if that fails it could be that the port your using is bad. Sounds like you are now at the camera at the bench and not at the installed location and my guess is that another port is being used so that wouldn't be it if same issue on 2 different POE ports.. Next thing to try if you are not at the Bench for bench testing but still in the installed location, I would bring 12v power out to the area if you don't want to swap out working camera port to the non working. Keep in mind that if you do this and the camera has a fault that damaged the POE Switch, Plugging it into another port could damage that port as well. I have a 24 port POE+ Switch that has normally 12 POE+ ports that is down to 4 working POE+ ports because I connect bad cameras to my Switch when i am going to do repairs and doing so has taking out the ports. yes I have taking apart and replaced SMD fuses that were bad however it has done something past that because the ports still don't work and it is above my Repair pay grade lol. I have another POE Switch that used for many years I have fixed a couple of times without an issue, my HP POE+ just isn't as forgiving i guess.. So in truth I would take 12v power to the camera and see if you can get it to work fully with 12v. I mean it could be that the camera was setup for DHCP from factory and that the camera when it gets there on your POE switch to make some changes fails to get over the current that was drawing before making the switch to the IP it was setup for by a router. In other words if that didn't make sense, Power given lets say was 250ma and at the point of IR and other built in current draw it needed 1amp and camera wasn't able to get over what ever block of provided power it is connected to. Could be damaged cable not able to handle the larger current or something in the camera over heats and shuts the camera down..
Be Safe.
matt1309

Re: Camera wont boot/power cylcing IP8M-T2499EW-28mm

Post by matt1309 »

Thanks @Revo2Maxx.

You're correct, using blueiris as NVR. I've not tried Amcreft config tools I'll try that. However doing a general network scan I can see the IP 192.168.1.108 (what i believe default static IP is) appear and then disappear from network a few seconds after I plug in camera. Normally my network is on 192.168.3.x so I'l try the amcrest tool but on both subnets 192.168.1.x and 192.168.3.x just in case. I assumed this was the camera constantly rebooting.

You're right tried two different POE injectors (and confirmed they're known working ones).
I've tested POE port on the on site switch with an old camera just to make sure, it seems fine so far.
I see your point. I'll try 12v connector see if i have any further luck with that eliminates any chance of insufficient poe power then. I cant see any damage but if i cant solve anything else i might make a few new cables just to run power directly to board. Just to determine if it's cable.

I can't feel any heat coming from the board but i've not taken it apart too much. I'll dig a bit further in if none of the above solves it.
Is there any way to reflash firmware without webui? That was going to be my first attempt after i couldnt find the device on either subnet using my generic network scanner. (I will retry with amcrest one).

Thanks again for some tips.