amcrest view app login timed out, non amcrest apps work

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bob13bob

amcrest view app login timed out, non amcrest apps work

Post by bob13bob »

I know how to configure routers. port forwarding, ddns enabled/configured. canyouseeme verifies ports open. The exterior public ip address and port work fine testted in browser and chrome desktop app.

in the android app, keep getting time out.
tried the following: manually timed out, enabled, disabled httpsl, turned pppoe on with same username and password.

P2P works > network > use the serial number and enter manually. The QR reader doesn't work though =/.

a 3rd party viewer app works fine: IP cam viewer app.

Come on amcrest, I don't want to return $1000s in cameras I place on houses, your firmware has been overly buggy. If i update to a newer firmware, it breaks your chrome app. Time header stamps are email alerts are completely wrong. Significant bugs..
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: amcrest view app login timed out, non amcrest apps work

Post by Melvin »

Hello bob13bob,

Please note that with Amcrest View Pro app, its the TCP port of the camera that should be entered in the port field. This by default is 37777.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

JamesB.Waldorf

Re: amcrest view app login timed out, non amcrest apps work

Post by JamesB.Waldorf »

I got two Amcrest 4K cameras about three weeks ago. I could only view my cameras when using my home WiFi and got "login timed out" error when using any other network.
Using Amcrest View Pro, if anyone added camera by enter its IP address, then you have the same problem as mine.
It turned out that the app only translated the serial number of the device. The app won't associate the IP address assigned to the device with its serial number (even it's a static IP address). Since the IP address is private, it only works within your home network.
By removing the device and adding it back using its serial number will solve the problem. I left all port settings at default.