New Firmware Update for IP2M-841 today?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
PeZzy

Re: New Firmware Update for IP2M-841 today?

Post by PeZzy »

Mark wrote:
PeZzy wrote:Has anyone tried a hard reset after installing the new firmware?

Yes I tried a hard reset..... did nothing to alleviate issues
I tried a hard reset with the new firmware. While it was initially working well, as soon as I unplugged it and moved it to its primary location, I experienced all sorts of issues: no log entries, mp4 files that were unplayable.

When you reinstall the old firmware, you need to do a hard reset to remove all traces of the unstable firmware.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Somehow I magically got access to mp4 files overnight. No idea how that happened. Previously I could only access dav and jpg.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Also with the new firmware the audio seems highly compressed and distorted...
Mark

Post by Mark »

When you reinstall the old firmware, you need to do a hard reset to remove all traces of the unstable firmware.[/quote]

I would love to go back to the old firmware to get motion detect back. Doesn't doing a hard reset bonk all of the tweaked settings ???
GreenScrew

Post by GreenScrew »

At least I'm thankful for this forum. I'll put off the firmware update that I just noticed when I logged in to Acrestcloud today...
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback and I will bring these issues to the attention of our R&D team. Those who are experiencing issues after the update, please try hard resetting the camera and this should fix most of the issues you are facing. We know this is not the best solution but it is surely working on our test devices without any issue.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

icu

Post by icu »

I upgraded today and the camera was no longer accessible.

Used the Amcrest IP Config software to find it and it was no longer on my network (definitely not at the IP I setup in my DHCP).

I gave up on trying to restore it and went for a hard reset because it is pretty accessible. After the reset, I re-added it via the app on my phone and setup a new password. Using the Amcrest IP Config software, I can log in to the configuration only and see the device.

Any attempts to login using a web browser are met with

404 Not Found

I've tried this with Chrome, and the provided Amcrest Web View software and get the same 404 results.

Is port 80 up and running?

telnet 192.168.x.x 80
Trying 192.168.x.x...
Connected to A_DEVICE_NAME.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

So yes, it is. It is responding to a telnet test on port 80.

So post this upgrade I can't get in to the web view anymore. Is this by design?
icu

Post by icu »

FWIW, tried with safari, firefox, and I still get 404s.
icu

Post by icu »

OK. Got it working. I went into the Amcrest IP Config, and tried uploading the new firmware. Maybe the over-the-air update was the culprit? Seems to be... I can now get into the web interface again. SUCCESS! Definitely wasted a bunch of time on this though. Oh well, such is life in the tech fast lane.
PeZzy

Post by PeZzy »

Melvin wrote:please try hard resetting the camera and this should fix most of the issues you are facing. We know this is not the best solution but it is surely working on our test devices without any issue.
My setup is using Wifi that is storing video to a wired NAS. A hard reset did not help. Most of the mp4 files written to the NAS were small and corrupt. The location of the camera results in the Wifi connection being not perfect, but adequate for 4 Mbps video. I went back to the old firmware which doesn't have this problem - the dav files are always viewable.